Kidz Academy & Daycare
Decades of research in child development tells us that young children learn actively – they have to move, use their senses, get their hands-on things, interact with other kids and teachers, create, invent and play. But in this twisted time, young children starting at the age of 4 and younger are expected to learn through “rigorous instructions.” In a formal schooling environment. Many children at formal schools are enduring play deficient classrooms where they get heavy doses of direct teaching and testing. They have to sit still, be quiet in their seats and comply. Young children can’t do this and none should have to. At Kidz Academy we believe in and understand the need and importance of informal learning and growth of the nursery school child, with strong emotional development, to help them be confident and self-assured for when it is the right time and not before, for them to go to a formal learning environment.
Our Vision is education where learning is meaningful – with arts, play, engaging projects, creativity, expression, fun, love, special attention and strong development of the EQ while also working on the IQ.
School Opening Hours
- Monday to Friday: 07h00 – 17h30
- Closed Sat, Sunday and Public Holidays and the odd gazetted all school, non-school day, (usually before or after a public holiday)
We are open year round. Not closing for any school holidays. We only close for about 4 weeks over Christmas and New Year.
- Babies – 3 months to 1 year
- Orange Class – 1 year to 2 years
- Red Class – 2 years to 3 years
- Blue Class – 3 years to 4 years
- Monkeynastix – A weekly class is included in the curriculum
- Manners 4 Minors – A weekly class is included in the curriculum
- Ballet – At an extra cost
- Kiddie Boppers – At an extra cost
- Golf – At an extra cost
Kidz Academy and DayCare
082 447 1780